Submission Policy





Mel BrakE Press acquires first serial rights to all work published. Mel BrakE Press also reserves the right to electronically archive any content published.




All other rights revert to author upon publication.



Mel BrakE Press has a liberal submission policy, and will accept poetry manuscripts (not books) for its next publication cycle, the Spring of 2018.



We do not charge a reading fee. We DO NOT PAY TO PUBLISH YOUR WORK.



We only accept submissions via email for collection of poems. Please send no more than 3-5 pages of poetry as an email attachment using standard MS format. We do not accept epic manuscripts:10 pages or more will be rejected.



Please note in subject line: "Submission".

Manuscripts that do not follow our guidelines
will be subject to rejection. We do not publish books.



Direct submissions or questions to:

Melbrake@verizon.net



Thank you











Sunday, April 23, 2017

Poetry of JD DeHart




Edutainment

they wait for me
to speak and bring up
a word

string out a syllable
like lights at the pool
tell a story in a voice
other than my own

but I am not the same
person I was two pages
ago and the flash is gone
along with whatever dazzle
I could muster.



Popular Culture

the voice of the television
tells me what to wear
while the actress winks
at me
she looks grand on the screen
probably four feet tall in life

I have been told
to buy a product, believe
a slogan

so I try my best to ignore it all
like Guy Montag on the tube.



High Achievement

This is the hillside
we could climb and look down
to see ourselves
climbing up

Not a vapid inspirational poster
but the truth
that we are not the same
small us

That started this wobbling
journal on thin legs.


JD DeHart
Jddehartwriting@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment